Looking to buy some insoles for your new work boots? Then you have came to the right place because in this article we will be listing some the best ones for you to buy and why! BUT first, before making your purchase decision it is a good idea to do some research as to what makes a good work boot insole. Here is a list of things you should look out for:
- Shock can cause many different foot and lower limb injuries such as plantar fasciitis, shin splints and even hip and lower back pain. That is why wearing a pair of insoles inside your work boots with good shock absorption to help protect your feet from shock and pressure whilst you work is always a good idea!
- Rigid arch support to support your feet in the most natural position possible to keep you on your feet for longer without injury.
- If your insoles make your boots to tight this can cause injuries to develop such as blisters and even bunions. That is why it is important to buy insoles that are the right size and will not bulk up your boots when you wear them.
- Working on your feet for long periods especially on concrete floors can take it toil on your feet. Pressure can build up underneath your soles and heels and can cause damage and pain. That is why you need a pair of insoles that will help to spread this pressure evenly across your whole foot to prevent this damage from occurring.
- If your insoles wear out too quickly this can leave your feet less protected against shock and pressure. It is always a good idea to buy insoles that have been made from durable medical grade materials so that they do not wear out too quickly.
List of the top 5 best work boot insoles
These Footreviver insoles are perfect if you are required to stand for long periods and need some extra support and protection in your work boots. The added arch support makes them ideal for all foot types and will help to prevent the most common causes of heel and foot pain in adults. What is more is that they come with Footreviver's 30-day money back guarantee which means if they aren't right for you then you can send them back and get your money back no questions asked!
Pros: -Perfect for wearing when standing for long periods -Corrects the biomechanical balance in your feet and lower limbs -Spreads pressure evenly across your whole foot to prevent damage -Inbuilt arch support protects your plantar fascia from becoming overused and inflamed(plantar fasciitis). - Made from special EVA material that absorbs shock and prevents foot pain, shin splints, and knee pain. -Heel cup improves stability and balance.
Cons: -Lack of available sizes
These orthotic insoles have been designed with workers in mind. Featuring a range of orthotic technologies such as inbuilt arch support, a metatarsal pad and heel cup and have been crafted with medical grade lightweight and durable EVA material. These features will help to provide you with better protection and support for your feet whilst you work.
Pros: -Made from tough EVA material that is both durable and flexible
-Excellent at absorbing shock
-Spreads pressure evenly across the whole foot
-Inbuilt heel cup is perfect for stabilizing the heel preventing sprains and strains
-Metatarsal pad protects helps to prevent and ease ball of foot pain.
Cons:-Arch support may not be suitable for those with high arches or flat feet.
If you are wanting a pair of lightweight and comfortable work boot insoles then these may be the choice for you. They have a memory foam top layer that will mold to the exact contours of your feet, giving you a custom level of support and protection in the places where you need it the most. They also come with a 30-day full money back guarantee which means that if you are not happy with them for whatever reason you can return them within 30 days of purchase to get a full refund.
Pros: -Brilliant shock absorption -Memory foam top layer provides your feet with extra comfort, the memory foam will also help to better spread pressure across your whole foot to prevent foot pain and aches. -Helps to correct common bio-mechanical imbalances that are linked to injury -Made to be super lightweight so that they do not weight down your feet inside your work boots. -Heel cup for better heel stability and support -Metatarsal pads help to protect the ball of your foot from damage.
Cons: -Can feel a little bit tight inside narrow fitted boots.
If you have high arches or flat feet then these insoles are for you. They feature excellent arch support that will help to correct common gait problems that can lead to injury. They are also super lightweight and breathable making them feel great inside any work boot!
Pros: - Has the best all round of any other pair of off the shelf insoles you can buy.-Corrects gait problems such as over-pronation and supination. -Ideal for those with high arches and flat feet that require extra arch support -Has a solid heel cup that will give your heel better stability, support and protection against shock. -Prevents pressure building up underneath your feet -Light weight and slim -Breathable to keep your feet feeling fresh -Ideal for treating plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis.
Cons:- May need to cut to the right size to fit your boots properly. -Does not provide as much shock absorption as the insoles listed above. -May take a while for your feet to get used to them (this is known as the break-in period).
These massaging gel insoles are made from medical grade quality silicone gel and will provide all-day support and protection against shock. They will also mold to the exact shape of your feet when you walk helping to give you better support where you need it the most.
Pros: -Massages your feet to keep them comfortable all day long -Silicone gel stops shock from damaging your feet and lower limbs -Ideal for those who suffer from knee pain -Spreads pressure evenly across your whole foot making them ideal for those who have to stand for long periods on hard surfaces such as concrete -Lightweight and will not weight down your feet.
Cons: -Does not provide rigid arch support.