Do you have flat feet? Do you find that your feet hurt if you stand for long periods? Do you get pain in your arches when running? If you do then a pair of flat feet insoles can be worn to help take the strain off your feet and stop this from happening.
If you have flat feet it means when you are standing the arch of the completely touches the ground. One way that you can tell if you have flat feet is to wet your feet slightly and stand on a piece of paper to create a footprint. If the footprint does not have any indention than the chances are is that you have flat feet. Having flat feet does not cause foot pain or injury but it can make you more susceptible to bio-mechanical imbalances which can damage and cause injury if you are not careful. Most people who have flat feet are born with them due to genetics. However, that being said you can still develop flat feet through bio-mechanical imbalances and injury which can cause the muscles supporting the arch of the feet to weaken and your arches to become fallen. It is estimated that 30% of the population suffer from this condition.
One of the most common biomechanical imbalances that can occur if you have flat feet is excessive pronation. Pronation is a very important part of the gait cycle and is needed to shift weight from your heel to your toes as you walk. There are two different stages during gait where the foot needs to pronate, when the foot lands on the ground and when the foot pushes off. Pronation is designed to help support and protect your feet, however excessive pronation can cause damage and strain on the ligaments and tendons in your feet particularly the plantar fascia. Pronation is the inward movement of your foot and required to help the stability of your foot as your foot hits the ground during the gait cycle. The foot will roll inward around 15% to help absorb shock, adapt the foot to the contour of the ground and help to prepare the foot for the push-off phase of the gait cycle. Supination is when the foot rolls outward movement and is required to help push your foot off the ground during the push-off phase of the gait cycle. There are two common forms of excessive pronation which are overpronation and supination. Over pronation is when the foot rolls inwards and excessive amount during the gait cycle. This can lead to excessive strain on your foot and lower limbs. Overpronation can cause a number of overuse injuries such as Plantar fasciitis, Anterior compartment syndrome, Shin splints, Patello-femoral pain syndrome, Tarsal tunnel syndrome, Bunions (Hallux valgus) Achilles tendonitis. Excessive supination (also referred to as under pronation) is when the foot rolls outward an excessive amount during the push of phase of the gait cycle as the heel pushes off from the ground and your toes and forefoot are used to propel you forward. Supination like overpronation can cause excessive load on key ligaments of the foot. Excessive Supination can especially affect the toes and forefoot and cause injuries such as metatarsalgia and bunions to develop.
The most common injury that can be caused by having flat feet and excessive pronation is plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is a very common injury and it is estimated that around 1 in 10 people will develop plantar fasciitis at some point in their lifetime. Plantar fasciitis is an overuse injury that affects the plantar fascia ligament. The plantar fascia ligament is the most important ligament in your foot and helps to support the arch and protects against shock as you walk. If the arch of the foot is put under too much pressure or strain the plantar fascia can become damaged and inflamed, when this occurs it is called plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis can cause mild to severe pain on the arch and heel of the foot. Due to the slow cellular healing of the plantar fascia cells, it means that plantar fasciitis can take a long time to fully heal. If left untreated plantar fasciitis can worsen and can become chronic. If you have flat feet you are more susceptible to plantar fasciitis due to the increased pressure that is placed on your arches and plantar fascia ligament when you walk.
How insoles can help ease foot pain?
Insoles are designed to help those with flat feet by supporting the arch of your foot and preventing excessive pronation during the gait cycle. Insoles help to correct the biomechanics of your foot using orthotic technology that repositions your feet to a position that is more natural and places less strain on your feet. Arch support insoles help to take the strain off your arches which in turn helps to prevent and treat common foot injuries such as plantar fasciitis. Having flat feet can inhibit your foot ability to absorb shock when you walk or run this can over time cause damage to your feet resulting in foot and heel pain.
Wearing insoles made from shock absorbing materials will help to deplete shock and stop this shock from causing damage to your lower limbs. Insoles will also utilize heel cup technology that will help to prevent damaging pressure from building up underneath your foot and heels by spreading this pressure evenly across your whole foot instead. Although wearing insoles will not cure your flat feet wearing insoles will help to prevent foot pain and aches caused by having this condition. It is advised to also make sure that you wear properly fitted shoes with adequate support and to do warm up and stretch your feet and lower limbs properly before running on top of wearing insoles for the best effect.
Here at Shoewawa we have a range of the very best insoles for flat feet. Below with have hand-picked a selection of insoles that will help make you feel more comfortable in your shoes and help to support and protect your flat feet. All of our insoles come with a full 30-day money back guarantee, so if you are not 100% satisfied with your new insoles for whatever reason you can simply send them back to us within 30 days of receiving your order and we promise to give you a full refund. This means when you buy from us you have nothing to lose! Remember, If you are unsure which insoles are right for you or have any questions about our insoles then please feel free to head on over to our forum or our contact us page to get some answers as we are always happy to help.
If you are wanting a good pair of all-purpose insoles that will not only give you extra support but will also provide you with the best shock absorption then we would definitely recommend you check out these insoles by Footreviver. Built to be super lightweight and to fit into both sport and casual shoes these insoles are perfect if you want to protect your feet whilst playing sports or if you suffer from aches and pains after being on your feet all day at work. Motion control orthotic support ensure that your feet never move in a way that could cause excessive strain or pressure on them that could cause damage helping you to avoid common foot injuries. These insoles feature added orthotic compression that is designed to help to better circulate blood around your feet proven to be beneficial for those with diabetes or to speed up recovery if you are suffering from a foot injury. These insoles will also help to redistribute weight and pressure that can build up underneath your feet to help stop foot aches and fatigue. The rigid arch support built into a pair of these insoles will also help to take the strain and pressure off your flat feet when you walk helping to stop you from getting plantar fasciitis. What is more, is that these insoles have been made from really high quality and durable materials these insoles will help stop shock from damaging your feet by absorbing shock efficiently as your foot strikes the ground.
So, If you are looking for a pair of all-purpose shoe insoles that will fit inside both your running shoes and your casual shoes then look no further. These insoles will give you excellent arch support and will help to re-balance and correct the positioning of your feet when you walk stopping your feet from getting injured.
- Great arch support that is perfect for supporting flat feet
- Lightweight so they wont weight down your feet when you wear them
- Metatarsal support pad to stop metatarsalgia (ball of foot pain).
- Heel grip and heel cup technology keeps your feet in a more natural and comfortable position and stops them from moving around in your shoes to stop blisters and other injuries developing
- Ideal for runners and athletes wanting to avoid injury.
- Excellent shock absorption
- Orthotic compression helps boost blood flow speeding up recovery and help protect your injured feet from further damage.
- Motion control technology stops your feet from moving in a way that could damage them.
- Rigid arch support perfect for those with flat feet or high arches.
- Only available in standard men's and women's sizes.
If you have flat feet and need some support, lightweight, flexible and long lasting sports insoles then these might be the right choice for you. Featuring Footreviver arch support technology that will keep your feet in the right place when you run and walk you will no longer have to worry about injuring your feet when you play sports and instead can focus on the game!
These insoles are perfect if you have flat feet and want to give them a little bit of extra protection and support to stop yourself from getting plantar fasciitis. They feature rigid arch support that helps to take as much strain as possible of the plantar fascia ligament. Orthotic compression technology added to these insoles have been designed to help stop your feet from pronating too much during the gait cycle making them perfect for preventing and treating overuse injuries such as plantar fasciitis. With added shock absorbing memory foam layer that helps to protect the sole and heel of your foot from damaging shock that occurs when you walk. These insoles will also cup around your foot and heel stabilizing it These insoles will also help to stabilize your heel and prevent heel instability and ankle problems with can cause injury to your foot and lower limbs.
- Made from the very best durable materials so that the insoles last longer.
- Perfect for runners and athletes who have flat feet and put their feet through a lot of pressure and shock.
- Lightweight and nonbulky design means these insoles can be quickly fitted into just about any type of shoes you can think of!
- Rigid arch support makes sure strain doesn't damage your plantar fascia and keep your foot in a more natural and safe position when you walk.
- Orthotic compression ensures your feet do not overpronate or supinate when you walk and help to boost blood flow to your feet aiding with the healing process.
- Made to be breathable and from odor eating material that prevents the build-up of bacteria helping to keep your feet feeling super fresh all day long.
- Heel cup technology gives your feet and ankle more stability and helps to spread pressure underneath your heal stopping pressure from harming your feet.
- A thin sole means that it is not the best at absorbing shock.
If you are a runner and you have flat feet then you have a lot higher chance of developing overuse injuries such as plantar fasciitis. This is because the level of strain and stress on your arches is a lot greater than it is for the average runner. These running insoles by Footreviver have been designed for runners to help give your arches greater support and protection when you run. These insoles use a range of different technologies to help keep strain off your arches and reduce pressure off the plantar fascia. This will, in turn, reduce your risk of developing plantar fasciitis. If you already have plantar fasciitis or a foot injury the ligaments and supporting muscles in your feet maybe weakened and unable to function properly. These insoles help to get you back on your feet by supporting and restrengthening these ligaments and muscles and will also help to stop shock and pressure from causing further damage to your feet helping you to recover more quickly.
- Good shock absorption makes these perfect for runners an athletes
- Made from durable materials making these insoles long-lasting
- Good inbuilt arch support. Having good arch support helps to take the strain off key parts of your foot helping to prevent and treat common foot injuries associated with having flat feet.
- Orthotic compression helps to reposition your foot's position and stop your foot from overpronating when walking or running.
- Memory foam layer helps to spread pressure and give you a custom level of support and protection.
- Lightweight and ideal for running shoes
- Breathable design helps keep your feet dry and sweat free.
- Excellent shock absorption helps to protect your feet from shock when running or playing high impact sports.
- Can feel a little bulky inside narrow shoes!
If you are looking for a pair of insoles that pack a big punch in terms of arch support then a pair of these insoles from NuovaHealth are definitely worth considering. These are the best option if you require lots of arch support. They are excellent for helping prevent and treat plantar fasciitis and other foot related injuries caused by having flat feet. The arch support found on these insoles is perfect for those with even the flattest of feet and will help to keep as much strain and pressure off your arches as possible. One of the main causes of heel and foot pain is due to abnormal loads placing extra pressure on the ligaments and tendons found in your feet. These abnormal loads are commonly caused due to biomechanical imbalances such as overpronation and supination when you walk. These insoles have been equipped with orthotic mechanisms to help hold your foot in the correct position and stop common biomechanical imbalances from occurring reducing strain and pressure on your feet. This will help you to avoid injury or allow your feet to recover faster if you already have a foot injury. Due to these insoles being made from super lightweight and shock absorbing materials means these insoles are perfect for athletes and runners who have flat feet and want to help protect their feet from injury.
The only negative that we could find with these insoles is that they take a while for your feet to get used to them. If you wear these insoles for the first time your feet may feel uncomfortable at first this is because your feet will need to get used to the support that they provide this is known as the break-in period. Once your feet have gotten used to the support you should see a huge improvement in the comfort of your shoes and overall foot health.
- Rigid arch support prevent strain and pressure on your arches making these insoles perfect for treating plantar fasciitis
- Motion control orthotic technology helps to prevent biomechanical imbalances causing damage to your feet.
- Combats against common functional imbalances such as overpronation and supination that can cause excessive strain on your feet.
- Lightweight and slim design mean they will not weigh you down when you wear them or feel bulky in your shoes.
- Made from durable materials means that these orthotics are built to last for the long run without losing their rigid arch support meaning they do not need to be replaced as often.
- Solid shell heel cup protects your heels from shock damage and prevents the build-up of pressure underneath your heels. -Ideal for reducing foot aches and foot fatigue
- Made from shock absorbing materials to help protect your feet from common shock-related injuries such as shin splints and knee tendinitis.
- Can be trimmed to the right size allowing you to places them inside even the narrowest of shoes.
- At first, these insoles may feel uncomfortable this can be because your feet may need to "break into" the insoles to get used to the support.
If insoles aren’t your thing then you can check out these foot arch supports instead. If you just want arch support then these quick, lightweight and easy to put on arch supports are for you. These foot arch supports unlike insoles do not require you to wear shoes, they simply strap around your feet making them ideal for wearing around the house. These foot supports are perfect if you don’t want to wear bulky insoles and just want to give your arches an extra bit of support and protection. They work by strapping around your foot with a memory foam pad that supports and holds your arch in place. You can wear them with or without shoes, allowing you to give your feet extra support around the house without wearing shoes and messing up your carpet! The cushion pad found on these foot supports also helps to protect your feet from shock and stops your foot excessively pronating when you walk helping you recover better if you have a foot injury.
- Inexpensive alternative to wearing insoles
- Nonbulky and lightweight -Can be worn with or without shoes for support around the house or whilst you sleep.
- Supports the arch and ball of your foot helping ease plantar fasciitis and metatarsalgia.
- Cushions and protects your foot from shock damage
- Helps to stop overpronation and other problems that may cause damage to your feet when you walk
- Only supports your arch
- Not very durable and will need to be replaced often
Want a pair of super lightweight insoles that won’t bulk up your shoes? Then you must check out these Footreviver heel cup insoles!
If you have flat feet then you are more likely to suffer from having a tighter than normal Achilles tendon. When you have flat feet your plantar fascia can become too tight and because the plantar fascia is connected to the Achilles tendon this can cause the Achilles tendon to also tighten up. This can make you more prone to excessive pressure and strain on the Achilles tendon and injuries such as Achilles tendinitis. These insoles have been made to help ease pressure and tension off the Achilles tendon using heel cup technology to eliminate not only plantar fasciitis but Achilles tendinitis as well. Heel cup technology will also help to spread pressure underneath your heels prevent your heels from aching after a long day on your feet. These insoles also have a really rigid arch support that makes sure that your feet are never under too much pressure or strain. Plus they use Orthotic compression helps to keep your feet in a natural position when you walk and stop your feet from overpronating or supinating too much a common cause of plantar fasciitis.
Due to their ¾ length design, means that these insoles are much more compact and discrete than other insoles on the market. This makes them ideal for fitting inside casual fashion shoes so you don’t have to compromise on style when out and about to ease your foot pain. They are also made from high-quality medical grade materials that will stop shock in its tracks from causing damage not just to your feet but also to the rest of your body. Proven to help treat shins splints, knee tendinitis, as well as hip and lower back pain.
- ¾ in length lightweight and not bulky and makes them discrete and a perfect fit for both casual fashion and sports shoes.
- Stops over-pronation and supination
- Rigid arch support making them the perfect choice for people with flat feet or high arches
- Medical grade shock absorbing materials stops shock in its tracks.
- Ideal for those suffering from heel pain, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinitis, shin splints and knee pain.
- Heel cup technology ease pressure off Achilles tendon helping to treat and prevent Achilles tendinitis and heel pain.
- Perfect for runners who want an extra bit of heel protection and support.
- Only supports your arch and heel.