One of the most common causes of pain in the ball of the foot is an injury called Metatarsalgia . Metatarsalgia affects the Metatarsal bones found in the ball of the foot which connect the toes to the ankle bones. They are designed to support your weight when standing and or walking. There are a number of different things that can cause your metatarsal bones to become damaged, the most common being:
- Wearing narrow and unsupportive shoes that push the metatarsal bones into an unnatural position that places the bones under excessive pressure and strain.
- Participating in high impact sports that cause excessive shock to the balls of feet. For example Metatarsalgia is a common injury amongst footballers.
- Obesity. Due to the fact that the Metatarsals are designed to support your weight during the gait cycle means being overweight can cause unnatural load on the metatarsal which can cause excessive pressure to damage the bones.
- Suffering from abnormalities in the feet such as having flat feet or high arches can leave you predisposed to metatarsalgia. This is due to these abnormalities increasing the likelihood of you developing biomechanical imbalances such as over pronation and supination, which can cause extra pressure on the ball of the feet.
- Pre-existing foot injuries such as Arthritis, Gout, Bunions and hammer toes can weaken the metatarsal bones making you more susceptible.
Metatarsalgia can cause mild to severe pain in the falls of the feet and if left untreated can get worse. That is why it is important to treat the underlining causes. One of the best treatments for this condition is wearing orthotic insoles. Orthotic insoles are designed to target and eliminate the most common causes that trigger this condition such as poor biomechanics and shock.
There are a range of insoles that you can wear that will help to prevent pressure and strain by improving the biomechanical function and positioning of your feet. Insoles can also provide your feet with shock absorption that wil cushion your feet and stop shock from further damaging the metatarsal bones. To get the most out of wearing insoles to treat your ball of foot pain, it is advised to also change your footwear. Switching to flat shoes that support the feet and that have plenty of room is the best solution. Stretching your feet regularly can help strengthen the muscles supporting the ball of the foot, this can help with your recovery as well as improve foot function to prevent the injury from reoccurring.
Here at Shoewawa we have a wide range of insoles specially developed to treat and prevent ball of foot pain. All of the insoles found in this section are made out of the very best shock absorbing materials that will cushion and stop damage to the feet. Our insoles also utilise orthotic compression to keep the feet supported in the right position and prevent the from biomechanical imbalances that may damage the balls of the feet.
If you are unsure which insoles to buy you can ask us directly using our contact page and we will be more than happy to help to find you the best insoles for your feet. You can also post your questions on our forums as well to get the answers to any question you have related to insoles and footcare.
Please note: If our insoles fail to ease your pain then you can send them back within 30 days of receiving them to get a full refund!
Footcare, Shoe insolesIf you are suffering from pain in your feet then a pair of these arch support strutz may just be what your feet need.£5.99
- 1 pair of arch support strutz!
- One size fits which are easily slipped onto your feet without hassle.
- Provides arch support that helps to reduce tension and strain from the arch of the feet making them ideal for treating plantar fasciitis.
- Reduces foot fatigue and damage through shock. These arch supports help to cushion your feet and provide them with shock absorption preventing shock from damaging your feet.
- Reduces foot fatigue by stopping the build up of pressure underneath your feet by spreading this pressure evenly across your whole foot.
- Protects and support the ball of foot helping to get treat and prevent ball of foot pain including metatarsalgia.
- These arch support strutz are ideal for people with flat feet or high arches.
- Help to correct biomechanical imbalances and problems that can negatively affect your gait such over pronation and supination.
- Can be worn with or without shoes. Allowing you to wear them around the house for constant arch support and comfort.
- Helps to ease pain associated with plantar fasciitis and boost recovery.
- Stops your heel from tilting forward helping to minimize stress on the heel and toes of the foot.
Shoe insolesFootreviver insoles are designed to help support your feet in the places that you need it the most, helping to make your shoes more comfortable and to prevent and treat foot injuries.£6.99
- These insoles utilise orthotic compression technology that works to improve the natural motion and function of your feet.
- With in built arch support that at helps to take strain and tension off your arch and plantar fascia to help prevent injuries such as plantar fasciitis.
- Features heel cup technology to help stabilise your heels preventing them from moving or rotating in a way that could cause damage to them.
- Lightweight and 3/4 in length means that these insoles are discrete easy to insert and are ideal for just about type of shoe.
- Ideal for treating a range of different foot injuries and complaints such as plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, Achilles tendinitis, shin splints as well as knee and back pain.
FootcareGel bunion pad protectors help to protect and support your big toe from further damage helping to stop your bunion from getting worse. Our pads also help to realign your big toe by supporting it in a more natural position which help to give the the very best bunion relief! -1x2 Gel Bunion Protector Corrector Splint Pad Straightener Toe Spreader Cushions -Can be used as toe separators to help separate the toes -One size fits all. -Made from light weight silicone gel -Discrete and non bulky design makes these pads perfect for wearing inside any type of shoes. -Reusable and extremely easy to clean -Comes with a full money back guarantee. If for what ever reason you are not 100% happy with your purchase, then you can return send them back to us within 30 days of receiving them to get a full no questions asked refund!£3.99
Shoe insolesMassaging gel insoles are designed to mould to the shape of your feet providing support and shock absorption helping you to comfortably stay on your feet all day without any aches or pains. Made from light weight silicone gel that actively absorbs shock and stops shock from causing damage to your feet and lower limbs. Stops the build up of pressure under your soles and heels preventing damage and heel pain. Provides arch support helping to keep strain of your plantar fascia and prevent plantar fasciitis. These insoles have been designed to help restore correct biomechanical imbalances. By correcting biomechanical imbalances such as excessive pronation these insoles help to ease pressure off your feet and prevent foot injuries from occurring. Ideal for those suffering from knee problems such as knee tendonitis. Comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. No questions asked.£9.00
Footcare2x metatarsal pads (One for each foot). One size fits all Provides cushioning support and protection to the metatarsal bones and ball of your feet. Made form shock absorbing silicone gel to help stop shock and pressure building up and damaging your feet. Ideal for providing comfort and relief for foot conditions such as Metatarasalgia, Mortons Neuroma and Fat pad atrophy.£7.99
Shoe insolesShock absorbing insole help to prevent shock from damaging your feet and lower limbs. Made from lightweight and durable EVA material making them the perfect choice for everyday shoes. Utilizes orthotic arch support technology to support the the key stages of the gait cycle and prevent excessive strain on the plantar fascia. These insoles help to prevent biomechanical imbalances such as over pronation and supination which can lead to foot injuries such as plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis by realigning your your feet into the correct position. Stops pressure from building up underneath your heels by spreading this pressure evenly across your entire foot, ensuring supreme comfort not matter how long you are on your feet for!
FootcareGel heel cups to help protect your heels from shock and pressure.£6.50
- 1X pair of gel heel ups (1 left and and 1 right heel cup).
- One size fits all.
- Made from silicone gel that absorbs shock and spreads pressure evenly throughout your heel preventing this pressure form building up and damaging your feet.
- Moulds to the shape of your heel for optimal support an comfort.
- Cups and supports your heel improving stability in your heel and foot.
- Lightweight and can be fitted into just about any type of shoe imaginable!
- 30 day money back guarantee. If you are not 100% happy with your gel heel cups you can send them back to us to get a full refund, no questions asked!