If your feet have low arches or arches that are completely flat and touch the ground when you walk, then you may have suffer from what medical professionals call pes planus which is also referred to more commonly as fallen arches or or flat feet.
Having fallen arches or flat feet is more common than you might think. Did you know that it is estimated that up to 30% of the population have this condition? Whilst the majority of people with flat feet are born with them, you can still develop flat feet at any age. There are many different things that can cause you to develop this foot condition such as irregular gait, biomechanical imbalances, trauma or repetitive strain to your foot, obesity or an injury. This is because these things will usually cause your arch to weaken and collapse as a result.
Most of the time having fallen arches isn’t anything for you to worried concerned about as having flat feet doesn’t on its own cause foot pain. However, if you do have fallen arches it can leave your feet more prone to biomechanical imbalances such as excessive pronation. Excessive pronation in your feet can cause you to develop foot injuries due to the increased strain that this causes on your feet.
One of the most common injuries your flat feet can cause is plantar fasciitis, plantar fasciitis affects the plantar fascia your foot and is extremely common amongst runners and athletes. The plantar fascia is one of the strongest ligaments your body, it spans the length of the arch of your foot and is essential to your foots overall function. The plantar fascia acts as a shock absorber and supports the rest of your foot whilst you walk.
If you have flat feet you are also more prone to over pronation during the gait cycle which can lead to excessive strain on your plantar fascia ligament. Overtime this strain can damage your plantar fascia making it inflamed, sore and painful, when this happens usually it means that you have plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is just one example of many foot injuries which you can develop thanks to this foot condition.
How wearing arch support insoles can help you
If you have flat feet you can help protect yourself from developing painful foot injuries by wearing arch support insoles. Wearing arch support insoles is often recommended by foot specialists such as podiatrists, this is because wearing a good pair of insoles insoles inside your shoes is one of the best way to support and take strain off the arch. Arch support insoles will also help to prevent common biomechanical imbalances in your feet such as excessive pronation for occurring when you walk. Insoles do this by using orthotic support technology to realign your feet into the correct position when you walk.
You can find a range of the very best arch support insoles in our hand picked selection below. Our Shoewawa insoles are ideal for those with flat feet and have been made with the very best medical grade materials that have been ergonomically designed and rigorously tested to ensure that your feet are given very best comfort and supported naturally.
When purchasing from Shoewawa you can shop with confidence because all of our insoles come with a guaranteed no questions asked 30 day money back guarantee. If for whatever reason whether the insoles did not fit properly inside your shoes , failed to ease your foot pain or simply weren’t up to your high standards then you can return them to us to get a complete refund. We also promise to refund any delivery charges (within reason) that you may incur. This means that when you buy a new pair of insoles from us you have nothing to loose but everything to gain!
You can browse our extensive range below. You will be so happy that you did! If you are unsure and are having any trouble picking the right insoels for you, then please do not hesitate to contact us via out contact us page or through our forum as we are always happy to help.
Footcare, Shoe insolesIf you are suffering from pain in your feet then a pair of these arch support strutz may just be what your feet need.£5.99
- 1 pair of arch support strutz!
- One size fits which are easily slipped onto your feet without hassle.
- Provides arch support that helps to reduce tension and strain from the arch of the feet making them ideal for treating plantar fasciitis.
- Reduces foot fatigue and damage through shock. These arch supports help to cushion your feet and provide them with shock absorption preventing shock from damaging your feet.
- Reduces foot fatigue by stopping the build up of pressure underneath your feet by spreading this pressure evenly across your whole foot.
- Protects and support the ball of foot helping to get treat and prevent ball of foot pain including metatarsalgia.
- These arch support strutz are ideal for people with flat feet or high arches.
- Help to correct biomechanical imbalances and problems that can negatively affect your gait such over pronation and supination.
- Can be worn with or without shoes. Allowing you to wear them around the house for constant arch support and comfort.
- Helps to ease pain associated with plantar fasciitis and boost recovery.
- Stops your heel from tilting forward helping to minimize stress on the heel and toes of the foot.
Shoe insolesFootreviver insoles are designed to help support your feet in the places that you need it the most, helping to make your shoes more comfortable and to prevent and treat foot injuries.£6.99
- These insoles utilise orthotic compression technology that works to improve the natural motion and function of your feet.
- With in built arch support that at helps to take strain and tension off your arch and plantar fascia to help prevent injuries such as plantar fasciitis.
- Features heel cup technology to help stabilise your heels preventing them from moving or rotating in a way that could cause damage to them.
- Lightweight and 3/4 in length means that these insoles are discrete easy to insert and are ideal for just about type of shoe.
- Ideal for treating a range of different foot injuries and complaints such as plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, Achilles tendinitis, shin splints as well as knee and back pain.
Shoe insolesIf suffer from foot or heel pain and you have flat feet, high arches, overpronation, supination or plantar fasciitis then pair of these arch support insoles by Footreviver will help you! The plantar fascia is a ligament found on the sole of your foot and is designed to protect and support your foot when you walk. However, biomechanical imbalances, injury or damage to the arch can prevent this ligament from functioning properly. This can in turn increase tension and strain on your foot leaving it more susceptible to injury and foot pain. These FootReviver arch support insoles have been specially designed to support and protect the foot when the plantar fascia is unable to properly do so itself. By using orthotic compression technology that works with the natural function of your feet these insoles help to correct biomechanical imbalances and functional problems that can lead to foot injury and pain. Footreviver insoles are crafted from high quality shock absorbing materials that dampen shock that can occur when walking or running helping to minimize damage to your feet. Features£9.99
- 1x Pair of FootReviver arch support insoles
- One size fits all. Fit's into virtually any type of shoes easily and comfortably. Available in Men's or Women's size.
- Provides your feet with the very best support and protection where you need it the most. Inbuilt arch support eases strain and prevents overstretching on key parts of your foot including your plantar fascia and achilles tendon.
- Ergonomically designed using shock absorbing medical grade materials to prevent shock from damaging your feet.
- Heel cup technology helps to spread pressure evenly underneath your heels to stop your heels from hurting.
- Orthotic compression to correct the positioning and help improve foot function.
- Footreviver arch support insoles also help to correct pronation. What is pronation? Pronation is process needed to shift weight during the gait cycle. If your feet overpronate it means that your foot rolls inward excessively when your foot hits the ground during the gait cycle. If you have feet that supinate it means that your feet do not roll inwards enough and flatten completely when your foot touches the ground when you walk. Both over pronation and supination can causes excessive amounts of pressure on the feet as a result. These insole have been designed specially to stop this from happening by utilizing orthotic technology to correct the pronation in your feet. Helping to stop this excessive pronation from damaging your feet.
- These insoles come with a full 30 day money back guarantee. This Guarantee ensures peace of mind when purchasing because if you want to send your insoles back for whatever reason we will provide you with a full refund no questions asked. We will refund all postage costs too meaning you have nothing to loose when purchasing and everything to gain!
Shoe insolesAre you suffering from pain in your arches that is sore and tender to the touch? This could be a sign that you have plantar fasciitis. Keeping weight and strain off your arches by correcting biomechanical imbalances in your feet is the most effective treatment for plantar fasciitis and these insoles do just that!£10.99
- Rigid arch support that keeps your foot in the optimal position helps to eliminate excessive pronation a leading cause of plantar fasciitis. Perfect for people who are on their feet for long periods or suffer from arch and heel pain. Arch support also helps to better support your arch and prevent straining and over stretching your plantar fascia.
- Inbuilt metatarsal pads supports the metatarsal bones and ball of your foot helping to get rid of ball of foot pain. Shock absorbing materials help to deplete shock making these insoles perfect if you are a runner who want to avoid shock damaging you feet.
- Heel cup technology holds your heel in place improving balance, stability and prevents twisting and spraining of your ankle.
- Orthotic compression realigns the ligaments, tendons, joints and bones in your feet helping to make your feet function better and more efficiently.
- Each insole is made from shock absorbing materials providing comfort and protection to your whole foot.
- Pronation control technology helps prevent overpronation and supination (under pronation) from damaging your feet when you walk.
- Ideal for wearing during high impact sports
- These insoles have added arch support to help take some of the strain off your arches when walking or running.
- Perfect for those with high arches and flat feet and who are prone to biomechanical imbalances such as overpronation.
- Our insoles use orthotic technology to correctly support and position your feet during the gait cycle to help correct biomechanical imbalances in your feet such as over pronation and under pronation helping you to avoid foot injuries.
- The best insoles for standing around in! Designed to help eliminate heel and foot pain associated with being on your feet all day. These insoles do this by preventing the build up of pressure under your feet by spreading weight evenly across your foot.
- Super light weight and can be fitted into just about any type of shoe you can think of!
- Help to absorb shock. Made out of EVA material that has special shock absorbing properties to help stop shock from damaging your feet and lower limbs whilst wearing them.
Shoe insolesThe most prevalent cause of heel pain is Plantar Fasciitis which is inflammation or tearing of the Plantar fascia (thick connective tissue that forms the arch of the foot and is attached to the heel). Plantar fasciitis typically brought on if heavy stress is placed on the plantar fascia, causing micro tears in the ligament fibers to form, (particularly in places that attach to the heel bone). Plantar fasciitis can afflict anyone, however it is more commonly found in people who suffer from obesity, diabetes, those with flat-feet, people with high arches, runners and athletes. A doctor will usually give patients with plantar fascitiis anti-inflammatory drugs to helps reduce inflammation however these drugs only mask the symptoms. To get rid of plantar fasciitis for good you need to eliminate the underlining causes! There are alots of different causes of Plantar Fasciitis and heel spurs Constant over-training of the feet and unnatural loads put on the feet (often result of biomechanical imbalances such as over pronation and supination) is one of the most common causes of plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis can also be caused by ill fitting shoes that have a high heel or shoes that do not properly support the feet and can even be caused by just standing around for too long on your feet! So how do we fix these issues? Wearing arch support insoles can help!£12.00
Shoe insolesMain features
- Eases heel and foot pain
- Available in size 5-7 & 8-11
- Light weight durable design make these perfect for fitting into running shoes and trainers.
- Breathable holes located on the insoles help to circulate air around your feet helping to keep them feeling fresh and sweat free.
- Made from shock absorbing material to prevent shock from causing damage to your lower limbs.
- Ideal for people who have high arches, flat feet or suffer from over pronation and supination leading causes of foot and heel pain.
- Memory foam top layer moulds to the exact shape of your feet giving you support where you need it the most. Memory foam also helps to spreads weight evenly across the soles of you feet preventing the build up of damaging pressure underneath your feet.
- Prevents and treat a whole host of different foot and lower limb injuries inducing Morton's neuroma, metatarsalgia, plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, ankle instabilities, Achilles tendinitis, shin splints, runners knee and jumpers knee.
- No more ball of foot pain. Inbuilt metatarsal pad supports and protects the ball of your foot and metatarsal bones.
- Rigid arch support helps to protect your feet from strain and correct the function of your feet during the gait cycle.
Shoe insolesHelps prevent and treat plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is a very common cause of heel and foot pain and is caused when the plantar fascia which supports the arch of our foot becomes and inflamed. Inflammation of the plantar fascia can be triggered by excessive strain and pressure on the arch of our feet, this strain and pressure can be caused by a number of different factors. One of the main contributing factors of strain and pressure on our feet is having high arches or flat feet which can affect the pronation of our feet! Pronation is necessary during the gait cycle to help shift weight and propel us forward when walking however too much or too little pronation of the feet can cause excessive strain and pressure on our feet to build up and this over time can damage the plantar fascia leading to plantar fasciitis. By wearing a pair of our shoewawa arch support insoles you can help better support your high arches or flat feet, correct your pronation and take strain of the plantar fascia. By providing your feet with optimal arch support you can help to position your feet into a more natural position and stop the arches of your feet from over stretching and becoming inflamed.£10.00