0%

Commision or fees

Sell new or Old shoes!

It's free to join

Get Started Today!

Home Without AJAX Forums Ask Shoewawa Fabric boot recommendation

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  isac 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

David01
    Participant

Hi,

Can anyone recommend to me a pair of fabric boots or approach shoes, or ‘mids’ with a decent luggy sole.

Meindl fit my feet but their fabric mid has a contagrip sole which in my opinion isn’t very good when walking for long periods.

Thoughts?

Alan
    Participant

I’ve had several pairs of Salomon Quest 4D’s, non of which have been very waterproof or very grippy – they too have a Contagrip® sole. They are however, very comfortable.

David01
    Participant

@alan Yes. Ideally I want vibram soles. The salamon toe box is too narrow for me though.

clare
    Participant

I’ve just bought a pair of the version 3 after wearing out some version 2s – the tread pattern is significantly improved. Hopefully this pair will last longer than the last ones. As you say, very comfortable!

(Sorry, OP, I know you say the Salomon toebox is no good for you but just wanted to share on the sole improvement)

Alex
    Participant

I tried asolo boots but they were very narrow. Now have a pair of salewa MTN trainer mid (which are boots despite the name) very comfy but with a good supportive vibram sole. They are still untested but I trust vibram (I did read a punters review claiming they didn’t have good grip though). They do look like some roller blades from the 80s!

Cliff
    Participant

I tend to buy Scarpa Vortex. I just checked mine, which are GTX which I assume means Goretex, however the big hole I put my foot through, would suggest to me limited water tightness. Over the years I have had a few pairs of these and done loads of walking and found the grip good and the shoes comfy and long lasting. https://www.scarpa.co.uk/approach/vortex-xcr/

isac
    Participant

I’ve got Merrell Moab 2 GTX and they are decent and have Vibram soles as you want. There is an approach shoe version if you prefer that which is near identical, I also have those for day to day wear.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

[snax_content]

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.

Shop By Department