0%

Commision or fees

Sell new or Old shoes!

It's free to join

Get Started Today!

Home Without AJAX Forums Footcare How to stop swollen ankles when standing all day?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Feival 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Feival
    Participant

I’ve recently started training to be a chef and I’m spending a huge amount of time on my feet, each evening when I get home my ankles are extremely swollen, any suggestions on how to help prevent this or ease them better of an evening? I wear sketchers memory foam shoes at work as they are the most comfortable to be stood in for hours. Thanks.

debby
    Participant

Get some support socks sold as anti DVT socks when flying. In the evening elevate them.

betty
    Participant

Try and remember to flex your legs at intervals when standing

elly
    Participant

I used to get really bad ankle pain all the time when I worked as a waitress! It does get easier, I promise. I used to use a foot spa when I got home, it was utter bliss.

Support socks are a great idea. Have you tried Crocs <gasp> they weigh next to nothing and were a huge help to me, as well as being very anti-slip making them perfect for the kitchen!

debra
    Participant

If I was you I would have a look at orthotic insoles, as they align your legs better so there is less strain.

You can either pay a lot and have walking pressures measured on a pressure pad and orthotics made specifically for you, or you can go on ebay and get some for around £10!

I like the ones with a firm plastic arch to support your foot arch and a softer top.

Richard
    Participant

You need support socks and try orthotic insoles. This combo helped a lot when I used to get foot and heel pain.

Feival
    Participant

Thanks, everyone for your replies. Will definitely look into buying some support socks and insoles ASAP.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

[snax_content]

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.

Shop By Department