Insoles for Ankle Instability
Ankle instability is when your ankle gives way and can no longer properly support your body weight. This condition is usually triggered because of repeated injury or sprains to the ankle which weakens the supporting ligaments and bones within the ankle. Due to the fact that this condition can affect your gait and add extra pressure on your lower limbs if left untreated this condition can worsen and cause other foot and lower limb problems to occur. For example those with who suffer from weak ankles are more pone to develop Achilles tendinitis and plantar fascitiis.
Wearing orthotic heel cup insoles inside your shoes that support the heel and Achilles tendon can help. Heel cups are designed to cup around your heel and help to reposition and stabilize the ankle. As well as wearing insoles doing regular stretches can also help for example:
Standing calf raises-Whilst standing you should lift your self up using your toes, you should do this for 15 reps. This will help to strengthen the supporting bones around your ankle.
Heel walks- Lift the ball of your feet off the ground and walk just on your heels. This will help to improve balance and stability in the heels. and achilles tendon.
Towel pulls- Wrap a towel over your feet whilst grabbing the towel with your toes. Then slowly lift your heel and pull the towel so that it is taut, repeat this multiple times. You can also do this stretch using resistance bands. This will help to strengthen and reposition ligaments and joints in your ankle.
Below you will find a hand picked selection of the best insoles that will improve your ankle instability by strengthening and protecting them from further wear and tear. All of the insoles found below come with a full 30 day money back guarantee. If you have any questions please use our contact us page where we will be more than happy to help you out!
FootReviver™ arch pain relief insoles
- 1x pair of Orthotic insoles can be worn for everyday wear and sports!
- Provides the very best arch support to ease and prevent pain
- Ideal for people who are on their feet all day, the memory foam top layer helps to improve shoe comfort and reduce foot fatigue
- Prevents over pronation and other bio-mechanical imbalances that can cause extra strain on the arches of your feet
- Deep heel cup prevent harmful movement of your heel and ankle stopping foot srpains and strains
- Metatarsal pad helps to cushion the metatarsal area reducing ball of foot pain caused by pressure and impact
- Includes full no questions asked 30 day money back guarantee for customer peace of mind