Insoles for Supination
What insoles to buy for Supination?
For your feet to work and function properly when you walk pronation is required. Pronation is the inward roll of the foot when you walk and happens as the outer edge of the heel hits the floor causing the foot to roll inwards and flatten as a result. If your foot pronates an excessive amount when walking this can cause damage and injury to your foot.
One form of excessive pronation is supination this is when the arch of the foot flattens out too much when it hits the ground causing the muscles, tendons and ligaments found in your feet to become overly stretched. Supination can cause strain and pressure to occur when the foot pushes off the ground during the gait cycle. Overtime this pressure and strain can cause damage and injury to key ligaments and tendons in your feet that are needed for your feet to function properly.
There are a number of different foot injuries that you can develop due to having supination in your feet. The most notable injuries are;
- Plantar fasciitis, is one of the most common injuries that you can get from having supinating feet. Plantar fasciitis occurs when the plantar fascia becomes damaged and over stretched. The plantar fascia stretches across the length of your foot and acts as a supportive mechanism that helps to shift weight when you walk. Supination can cause your plantar fascia to become over stretched and more susceptible to damage. When this happens your plantar fascia will become inflamed, sore and painful to touch which are the main characteristics of plantar fasciitis. Depending upon the severity of the damage to the plantar fascia this injury can cause either mild or severe foot pain that can get worse if left untreated.
- Corns and calluses, this is caused by your feet pushing and rubbing against the side of your shoes when you walk.
- Ankle sprains, sprains in the ankle have been found to cause by excessive twisting motion of your heel and ankle that is a result of supination when you walk.
- Shin Splints caused by excessive pressure on the shins due to improper gait due to supination.
- Achilles tendinitis, Supination causes increased pressure on the ankles causing the tendons in the Achilles to become inflamed and damaged.
- Knee, hip and back pain can also be caused by this foot condition. This is due to Supination causing biomechanical imbalances that can affect your entire posture, resulting in excessive pressure and damage throughout your body.
How can you fix supination in your feet?
One of the best ways to stop your feet from supinating is to wear corrective arch support insoles. These insoles are designed correct the pronation in your feet by stopping your foot from flattening out and excessive amount by providing arch support. Arch support will also help to ease strain and tension in your feet and stop key ligaments such as the the plantar fascia from becoming over stretched and inflamed. There are a range of different arch support insoles to buy, making it very hard to know which ones are best for you.
Here at Shoewawa we advise if you are suffering from pronation problems to buy full length insoles that support your entire foot. Also we recommend that you buy some with added shock absorption to give your feet extra protection because supination can affect the plantar fascia’s ability to absorb shock.
If you are still unsure of what insoles to buy then please get in touch with us using our contact page or via or forums.
Arch Support insoles for supination & overpronation
- 1x insoles for stopping supination and overpronation during the gait cycle
- Available in sizes 3-7 & 7-11
- Perfect for runners and sporting professionals
- These insoles have a rigid arch support that helps to control the way that your foot pronates during the gait cycle. Arch support helps to stop your foot from overpronating or under pronating when you walk preventing unnecessary strain on the plantar fascia and other key ligaments found in your feet. Arch support also helps to take the strain off your arch making them perfect if you already have a foot injury such as plantar fasciitis and want to prevent further damage to your arches.
- Supination can affect your foot’s ability to absorb shock exposing which can damage your feet and cause injuries such as plantar fasciitis and knee tendinitis. These insoles have been built using medical grade shock absorbing materials that help to deplete shock and stop it from damaging the bones, ligaments, and tendons found in your body.
- Ergonomically designed to be durable and lightweight making them ideal for wearing when playing sports.
- Orthotic compression helps to correct the positioning of your foot this can help to prevent unnecessary strain on your feet and can help treat conditions such as cuboid syndrome, hammertoes and bunions.
- Protects and supports the ball of your foot from shock and damage via inbuilt metatarsal pads.
- Improves ankle stability and balance via heel cup technology that cups around your heel preventing awkward and damaging movement of the heel and ankle.
FootReviver™ arch pain relief insoles
- 1x pair of Orthotic insoles can be worn for everyday wear and sports!
- Provides the very best arch support to ease and prevent pain
- Ideal for people who are on their feet all day, the memory foam top layer helps to improve shoe comfort and reduce foot fatigue
- Prevents over pronation and other bio-mechanical imbalances that can cause extra strain on the arches of your feet
- Deep heel cup prevent harmful movement of your heel and ankle stopping foot srpains and strains
- Metatarsal pad helps to cushion the metatarsal area reducing ball of foot pain caused by pressure and impact
- Includes full no questions asked 30 day money back guarantee for customer peace of mind