Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Metatarsal pads for Metatarsalgia
Ease ball of foot pain and get back on your feet with a pair of these silicone gel metatarsal pads.
- 1x pair metatarsal pads one for each foot.
- One size fits all.
- Toe loop easily hooks around the big toe keeping it in place whilst supporting the ball of your foot.
- Prevents hard skin and calluses forming on toes and on the ball of your foot.
- Made from medical grade silicone gel that adapts to the shape and contours of your foot and absorbs shock. The silicone gel will also help redistribute weight and pressure across the ball of your foot helping to prevent the build up of damaging pressure.
- Supports the toes and metatarsal bones in the correct and most natural position.
- Ideal for treating other foot conditions such as bunions and Morton neuroma.
- Light weight and can be worn inside just about any type of shoes.
- Machine washable and made from odour eating materials to prevent bacteria from growing and reducing rick of infections.
If you are not totally satisfied with your new pads, you can send them back to us within 30 days and we will promise to give you a full refund no questions asked!
If you are suffering from Metatarsalgia a pair of these Metatarsal pads may help to ease your pain and speed up your recovery.
Metatarsalgia is the general medical term sued to describe pain around the the ball of the foot. This condition is more common in the elderly, this is because as we age the bones and joints in our body start to weaken and become more susceptible to damage as a result. However that being said this foot condition can affect anyone at any age. If you are suffering from Metatarsalgia there are lots of different reason as to what is causing your pain. Here is a quick list of some of the most common causes:
- Wearing unsupportive tight shoes that bunch up your toes and cause pressure on the balls of your feet.
- You suffer rheumatoid arthritis, gout or swollen swollen joints in the foot that places causing pressure on soft tissue on the ball of the foot.
- You suffer from Diabetes which has caused the small nerves in the foot to become irritated.
- Persistent shock or the build of pressure due to walking on hard surfaces or being on your feet for long periods.
- A build up of fluid in the foot.
- You suffer from bunions that places excessive pressure on the toes and metatarsal bones.
- Injury or trauma to the foot that has damaged the Metatarsal bones.
- Suffering from over pronation that places excessive weight and pressure on the ball of the foot.
Metatarsalgia pain can be mild to severe depending upon the damage to the metatarsal bones. If you have this foot condition it is best to get it treated as soon a possible to stop it from getting worse.
1.Make sure to rest your feet and not to put too much pressure on it.
2. Ice the affected area. Applying ice will help to reduce inflammation and swelling easing pressure off the feet.
3. Painkillers can also be taken to help reduce pain. Painkillers only mask the symptoms and should not be used as a long term option.
4. Swap your shoes for ones that fit properly, support your feet and absorb shock.
5. Wear metatarsal pads to give the balls of your feet more support and protection
6. Wear arch support insoles which will help to correct biomechanical imbalances such as overpronation and supination which may be causing your metatarsalgia pain.
How Metatarsal pads can help you!
One of the most successful treatments is to wear Metatarsal pads which are orthotic devices that are placed within your shoes. They are designed to treat and prevent the main causes of ball of foot pain. They do this by helping to support and protect the metatarsal bones which in turn eases pressure off them allowing your feet to recover. These pads are made from silicone gel that also helps to absorb shock and prevent further wear and tear to your metatarsal bones preventing further damage and pain.
I had really bad and persistent ball of foot pain and I was clueless on what to do. Thankfully a friend suggested that I give these pads a try. After about 2 weeks of wearing these inside my shoes I began to feel a massive improvement and after about 4 weeks of wearing the pads my foot pain had totally went away. I do not know the exact science behind these pads but they sure did do the trick!
I wear these inside my football shoes and they do my feet so much good. I used to suffer from horrendous pain on the ball of my foot but wearing these have just gotten rid of it totally. The gel really does support your feet and does a really good job at stopping shock from attacking your feet. When I first got these pads I thought that they would feel really awkward and irritating to wear but you soon get used to them and now I wouldn’t ever go without them inside my shoes ever again.
by Ian Clarke
I started getting really bad ball of foot pain caused by a injury I sustained whilst playing football (kicked the ground instead of the kicking the ball OUCH!), thanks to these pads my pain has really improved and I can get on with day to day life without having to hobble everywhere because of pain. They are super simple to put on and you can really feel the difference when you wear them.
Whilst running I started to get really bad foot aches so I decided to buy some insoles from amazon… but they didn’t work, in fact they just made things worse. I then decided to buy some of these and have seen a massive improvement. These pads do a great job at supporting my feet and stopping shock from hurting my feet when I run. Only complaint is that sometimes the pads can become out of place when you run and requires you to take of your shoes and reposition it. Apart from that they are great!