If you are suffering from foot or heel pain and wanting to buy a pair of insoles to help get rid of it you need to first understand what is causing your foot pain. There are various different causes of foot pain. Everyone’s feet are different and foot pain can be caused by a number of different issues. For example, if you have flat feet or high arches you are more prone to developing excessive pronation when you walk. If you suffer from excessive pronation you need to buy insoles that help to correct this. If you, however, your foot pain is caused because you are on your feet for long periods buying a pair of gel insoles that help to spread pressure underneath your feet can help.
What are the best arch support insoles for treating plantar fasciitis?
Arch support insoles are designed to help support the arch of your foot. The plantar fascia makes up the arch of your foot stretching from your toes to your heel. The plantar fascia is one of the strongest ligaments found in your body and is designed to cope with immense levels of pressure. The plantar fascia has a number of different functions including helping to shift weight from your heel to your toes during the push-off phase of the gait cycle, support and protect your metatarsal bones and absorb shock preventing shock from damaging your foot and lower limbs. Bio-mechanical imbalances can gradually cause the plantar fascia to degenerate and weaken making it more susceptible to inflammation and damage. When this occurs it is known as plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis can be very tricky to get rid of. If you have plantar fasciitis you should make sure that you keep your arches protected and supported to prevent further damage to the plantar fascia, only by doing this will your feet be able to properly recover.
There are lots of different benefits wearing a pair of arch support insoles can bring, for example, they can help to support and protect your feet in order to help to treat and prevent plantar fasciitis. If you have plantar fasciitis your foots ability to protect itself from shock and damage maybe compromised making it more prone to further damage and your plantar fasciitis worsening. They have been made with a wide variety of different technologies to help improve your foot function, protect and better support your feet to help prevent further foot damage. For example, arch support insoles use orthotic support technology that is designed to realign and re-position your feet helping to correct biomechanical and functions problems such as overpronation and supination which may be causing extra strain and pressure on your arches causing your plantar fasciitis.
Frequently asked questions
Here is a hnady list of the most frequently asked questions about insoles to help you decide what to look out for when buying a pair!
How long will a pair of insoles last?
A good pair of insoles should last for at least 2-3 months. No pair of insoles will last forever once a pair of shoe insoles begin to wear away the support and protection that they provide to you will fade. That is why we recommended replacing your insoles regularly to keep your feet protected.
Can I wear insoles on top of other shoe inserts?
You should not wear a pair of insoles on top of another pair of shoes inserts for a number of reasons including:
- Placing an insole on top of another shoe insert can create an imbalance that can affect the way you walk leading to excessive load and strain on ligaments and joints in your feet and lower limbs.
- The stability of your shoes may also be affected making your more prone to movement that may damage the foot and ankle.
- Your shoes may become too tight if you put too many inserts inside your shoes. Tight shoes have been linked to a number of different foot injuries such as bunions, blisters, Morton’s neuroma, hammer toes, plantar fasciitis and heel spurs.
What are the best shoes to wear insoles with?
You should wear shoes that have a wide toe box and that have plenty of room for both your feet and the insoles. Another consideration to take into account when buying a new pair of shoes is that the shoes should should have a rigid sole that absorbs shock and keeps your feet in a natural and comfortable position. You can read our blog post about the most comfortable shoes to wear here.
I have flat feet what insoles should I buy?
If you have flat feet you should look buy insoles that have rigid arch support. If you have flat feet it can make you more at risk of biomechanical imbalances such as overpronation which can place excessive load and strain on key ligaments found in your feet increasing your risk of foot injuries. Wearing insoles with arch support can help to take strain off your feet and prevent bio-mechanical imbalances from occurring.
I bought a new pair of insoles but my feet feel uncomfortable when wearing them, is this normal?
Your feet will take time to get used to the support that your new insoles provide you, this is known as the “break-in period”. Your feet should get used to the support within a week. If not you may want to consider returning them.
If you are looking for a pair of insoles that will get rid of your plantar fasciitis once and for all then look no further. These insoles have super rigid arch support helping to eliminate as much strain and pressure off your arches as possible. These insoles also use motion control technology that works with the function of your feet to prevent you from pronating or supinating too much. These insoles come in a range of different size and will fit inside just about any type of shoes. For the perfect fit, you can also trim them to size!
- Made from shock absorbing EVA with memory foam top layer for extra comfort. Can be trimmed to size quickly and easily. Ideal for flat feet and those with high arches.
- Works with the biomechanics of your feet to help improves foot to function as well as improve your posture, eliminating the risk of injury not just in your feet but across your whole body.
- The rigid arch support that these insoles will give your feet the support that they need where they need it the most.
- Motion control helps to prevent excessive pronation and movement which may damage your feet when you walk.
If you have plantar fasciitis and want to ease your pain the fastest way possible then you should give a pair of these arch support insoles a try! If you have high arches you are more likely to develop biomechanical and functional imbalances in your feet that can affect the way that you walk. Imbalances in your feet can place excessive strain and load on key ligaments and joints in your lower limbs and cause injury. The most common form of imbalance in those who have high arches is Overpronation. Overpronation can cause a number of different foot and lower limbs injuries such as metatarsalgia, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendonitis.
A pair of Footrevivers is a perfect choice if you have high arches as they utilize a range of orthotic technologies to give your feet the very best protection and support in the places where they need it the most. Feature a rigid high arch that takes the strain off the arch reducing your risk of developing common foot injuries such as plantar fasciitis. Orthotic compression also helps to readjust the positioning of your feet in order to prevent movement that may cause damage to your feet and lower limbs. These insoles are also made form very the best shock absorbing materials that are super lightweight and durable to help protect your feet from damaging shock when walking or running on hard surfaces.
What is really good with a pair of these insoles by FootReviver is that they come with a full 30-day money back guarantee so you have nothing to lose if they are not right for you.
- Provides your feet with the most rigid support possible
- Ideal for treating plantar fasciitis
- A perfect choice for those who have flat or high arched feet -Lightweight and slim design means these insoles will not weight down your feet or make your shoes feel bulky or tight.
- Solid heel cup will support and protect your feet from strain and pressure
- Quickly and effectively correct functional and biomechanical imbalances in your feet.
- Excellent shock absorption.
- May take a while for your feet to get used to the rigid arch support that these insoles provide.
- Can be a little tricky cutting the insoles to the right size.
If you have high arches you are more likely to develop biomechanical and functional imbalances in your feet that can affect the way that you walk. Imbalances in your feet can place excessive strain and load on key ligaments and joints in your lower limbs and cause injury. The most common form of imbalance in those who have high arches is Overpronation. Overpronation can cause a number of different foot and lower limbs injuries such as metatarsalgia, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendonitis. A pair of Footrevivers is a perfect choice if you have high arches as they utilize a range of orthotic technologies to give your feet the very best protection and support in the places where they need it the most. Feature a rigid high arch that takes the strain off the arch reducing your risk of developing common foot injuries such as plantar fasciitis. Orthotic compression also helps to readjust the positioning of your feet in order to prevent movement that may cause damage to your feet and lower limbs. These insoles are also made form very the best shock absorbing materials that are super lightweight and durable to help protect your feet from damaging shock when walking or running on hard surfaces.
These insoles are great all-purpose insoles which you can wear whilst playing sports to prevent injury or to stop your feet from hurting whilst on your feet all day on a shopping trip. They also come with a full 30-day money back guarantee. This means if you are not happy the insoles you can simply send them back to get all your money back!
- Rigid high arch support to keep strain and pressure off your arches
- Heel cup technology keeps your foot and ankle in a stable and correct position to prevent foot sprains
- The inbuilt metatarsal pad helps to support and protect the ball of your foot to help prevent and treat metatarsalgia(ball of foot pain)
- Lightweight and can be worn in a range of different types of casual and sports shoes
- Made from shock absorbing materials to keep your feet protected from shock
- Only available in two sizes
Running can really take its toll on your feet if you are not wearing the right kind of support inside your running shoes. Shock generated as your foot strikes the ground when you run can cause damage to the joints and ligaments found in your foot. This means runners are more susceptible to running injuries such as plantar fasciitis and shin splints. If you are looking for a good pair of running insoles then look no further. These insoles have been ergonomically designed to correct the biomechanics of your feet preventing a wide range of common running injuries. They are also built to be super lightweight and with shock absorption in mind making them a perfect choice for runners!
Perfect for runners and athletes who want extra support and protection when they run! They will help to restore balance to your feet by getting rid of strain and pressure which could otherwise damage your feet and lower limbs. Come with a 30-day full money back guarantee so you are never out of pocket if you are not happy with them.
- Made from strong EVA material that features high-quality shock absorption to protect your feet and lower limbs from shock damage when running or walking.
- Ideal for shin splints and knee pain.
- Inbuilt arch support prevents over stretching and excessive pressure on the plantar fascia ligament. This makes these insoles ideal for treating and preventing plantar fasciitis the most common cause of heel and foot pain.
- Breathable design helps keep your feet feeling super fresh all day long.
- Heel cup technology helps to improve your ankle stability preventing sprains.
- Not the best arch support compared to others listed.
If you suffer from plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, ankle instabilities, Achilles tendinitis or just general heel pain wearing a pair of these insoles may help! One way that they can help with your heel pain is by preventing movement that can cause damage to the heel. These insoles are designed to cup around your heel helping to support it in the correct position and improve stability. This ensures that your foot does not move in a way that can damage the fragile ligaments and joints found within your heel allowing your heel to recover. These insoles are also designed to help better spread pressure underneath your soles and heel preventing this pressure from building up and damaging your feet.
These insoles are ideal for easing heel pain, treating sprains or giving your feet more stability in your shoes and are perfect for runners and athletes wanting a bit of extra support and protection. These insoles are built to last as they are built from durable medical grade shock absorbing materials. The shock absorbing material will also help to prevent shins splints and knee pain.
- Made from durable and flexible materials to stop them wearing out quickly.
- Inbuilt arch support helps keep strain and pressure off your plantar fascia helping you to avoid plantar fasciitis.
- Can be worn to help treat a wide range of different foot injuries including plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, metatarsalgia, cuboid syndrome.
- Inbuilt metatarsal pads help treat and prevent metatarsalgia and injury to the forefoot and toes.
- Heel cup technology prevents the build-up of pressure underneath your heel to prevent heel pain.
- Shock absorption helps to make running on hard surfaces feel better and safer for your feet.
- Breathable holes help to better circulate air around your feet keeping them dry and fresher for longer.
- Arch support could be better
A little bulky when worn inside narrow shoes
Playing sports such as football and rugby can involve a lot of sudden movement and twisting of the ankle and foot, as well as generate a lot of shocks as your foot hits the ground when you run and jump. This can make your feet more prone to damage and injury that is why it is important to protect your feet by wearing some good insoles whilst playing sports.
If you are looking for some good all round sports insoles then these insoles are worth looking at. These insoles feature a range of different technologies that will help to support your whole foot and improve the way your foot functions to help you to avoid injury. Also features a super soft memory foam top layer that will help to make your feet feel extremely comfortable.
These are some great all-purpose sports insoles that will give you an extra bit of support and protection where you need it the most! They are ideal for treating and preventing a whole host of foot and lower limb injuries including plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinitis, heel spurs, Morton's neuroma, metatarsalgia, shin splints, runners knee, jumpers knee and lower back pain. What is more is that they also come with a 30 day money back guarantee ensure that you are never left out of pocket if the insoles are not right for you.
- Available in a range of different shoe size
- Make sure that your feet are supported, aligned and cushioned properly
- Rigid arch support takes the strain off your plantar fascia and prevents it from getting damaged or inflamed.
- Helps to realign your feet and lower body preventing injuries affecting the lower limbs, knees, and even your lower back.
- Made from shock-absorbing EVA material to prevent shock damaging the joints, bones, and ligaments in your feet and lower limbs.
- Added heel grips help to keep your feet in place and stop them from moving around. Perfect for stopping blisters.
- Wear out easily and need replacing every 2-3 months.
If you suffer from tired aching feet then wearing a pair of these Massaging gel insoles may help you. They will massage your feet giving you relief when and where you need it by spreading pressure underneath your feet preventing this pressure from causing pain and injury.
These gel insoles are the best choice for anyone looking for insoles that will provide instant foot pain relief. These insoles will adapt to the shape of your feet providing a custom level of support and protection. Ideal for any occasion, whether wearing for long tiresome shopping trips or for playing sports in!
- Available in a range of sizes to fit both men and women.
- Massaging gel is ergonomically designed to massage your feet whilst you
wear the insoles helping to give you the best possible comfort.
- Eases aches and pain quickly and efficiently.
- Shapes and molds to the contours of your feet giving you unrivaled
- Features the very best Motion control and stability technology.
- Helps prevent excessive pronation as well as other functional
imbalances that can contribute to injury when you walk.
- Perfect for if you are on your feet for long periods.
- Does not provide the best arch support
- Will not help correct biomechanical imbalances as well as other insoles
Standing for long periods at a time on your feet especially on hard surfaces without adequate support or protection can cause pressure to build up underneath the soles and heels of your feet. This pressure can over time cause damage to the joints, ligaments, and bones found in your feet and cause injuries such as Morton’s neuroma, metatarsalgia, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendinitis to develop. Standing for long periods can also cause other injuries to develop in your lower limbs as well and has been linked to shin pain, knee, hip and even lower back pain. Wearing the right insoles can help protect you from these problems and keep you on your feet for longer.
These are perfect for standing for long periods the honeycomb gel actively molds to the changing shape and contour of your feet, supporting them and preventing pressure from building up and causing damage to your feet. Provide a wide range of benefits that will not only impact your feet but also your entire body. Come with a 30-day full money back guarantee which means if they aren't right for you then you can simply return them within 30 days of purchase to get a full refund!
- Massages your feet for all-day comfort -Ideal for standing on hard surfaces such as concrete floors for long periods.
- Made from medical grade silicone gel that will absorb 99% of shock.
- Provides your feet with a custom level of arch support to meet your needs.
- Do not provide the best arch support. People with plantar fasciitis should consider wearing arch support insoles instead for more rigid support.
If you are looking for some inserts that are compact, discrete and lightweight that will also provide you with great arch support then these shoe lifts maybe for you. Made from silicone gel these insoles are also great at protecting your feet from shock and easing aches and pains if you are on your feet for long periods at a time. Not only will they help to keep to stop you from getting plantar fasciitis they will also give you a little height boost too!
These heel lifts are the perfect choice if you are suffering from heel or Achilles pain. These heel lifts will help to reduce tension and pressure on your Achilles heel helping with your recovery! A cheeky added bonus of wearing these heel lifts is that they will also increase your height!
- Increases your height by 1.5inches
- Height can be easily adjusted using layer stack system to find the right height for your needs.
- Used by people wanting to make themselves look taller to give them more confidence.
- Discrete and can be fitted inside just about any type of shoes.
- Ideal for correcting leg length discrepancies and Achilles tendinitis
- Inbuilt arch support helps to prevent arch strain and plantar fasciitis
- Honeycomb gel absorbs shock and cushions your feet
- The added heel cup technology that these shoe lifts give you will provide you with more stability and balance when you wear them inside your shoes.
- Only supports your heel and arch